Sunday 14 October 2012

Simplify, Simplify.


 My best friend and I went on a leisurely adventure in Walden Pond yesterday. Walden Pond is the site of Henry David Thoreau's wooded cabin, where, for two years, he lived off the land and wrote in isolation.  His work, 'Walden' or 'Life in the Woods', is a result of the two introspective years he spent in the woods, ridding himself of material needs and the fast pace of society (or as fast as the year 1845 yielded).



 I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society. 




He was one of the leading American transcendentalist thinkers, and paved the way for alternative philosophy regarding living and nature in following years.




“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one


 advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and 



endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will



 meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” 

― Henry David ThoreauWalden: Or, Life in the Woods



No comments:

Post a Comment